How to Make Perfect Whipped Cream Texture?
Mastering the basics of making the perfect whipped cream is a skill that any dessert-maker would like to perfect. Traditionally, whipping heavy cream by hand is the way to go. When done right, it becomes light and fluffy as the air gets trapped between the fat droplets. Its doubles in volume and holds its form, allowing you to shape it onto unlimited dessert dishes.
Another method that is more prevalent these days is to use a whipped cream dispenser or nang. This cylindrical bottle allows you to create the perfect whipped cream without tiring out your arm. Best of all, numerous online websites offer 24/7 nang delivery, such as Mr. Nang.
So, let’s discuss how to make exquisite, airy, sweet whipped cream using both methods.
Making Whipped Cream by Hand
Essentially, three ingredients are required to make whipped cream: heavy cream, a sweetener, and your desired flavoring. Heavy whipping cream gives a creamier texture and is better if you plan on piping your whipped cream into a particular shape. According to your preference, you can use whichever food coloring or flavors you like to complement your dessert.
- Keep your cream and the utensils you use in the freezer for a few minutes to make sure they’re cold. Cold cream is easier and quicker to whip, giving lighter results.
- Pour your chilled heavy cream into a large, cold mixing bowl, preferably metal. Remember that cream doubles in volume, so make sure you have a bowl big enough to avoid any spills.
- Begin beating the cream with a whisk. If you have an electric mixer, you can start by setting it on high speed for a minute. If you’re beating by hand, you will need to start slow at first.
- When the cream begins to thicken, add your sweetener and flavoring, and whisk at a faster speed. Continue to whisk until soft peaks form.
With a little time and practice, you’ll be able to make perfect whipped cream to top off your desserts, milkshakes, and coffees.
Things to Avoid
If your whipped cream isn’t turning out the way you want it to, it might be because of one of the following mistakes. Some of these apply whether you use a whipped cream dispenser or decide to tackle it by hand.
- You don’t use chilled cream. Warm cream falls flat because the fat in the cream does not stabilize. So, even though it thickens up a little, it will not give you the light texture you’re looking for.
- You’re using the wrong cream. Not all creams are perfect for whipped cream, so before you waste your time and ingredients, make sure you buy the right one. Heavy cream and heavy whipping cream contain more than 36% fat, making them the perfect candidates.
- You add the sweetener at the wrong time. Sugar can release water, so if you add it right at the start, it can inhibit the cream from getting thick. Hence, it is better to wait for your cream to thicken up before adding any kind of sugar or flavoring.
- You don’t add a stabilizer. In hot climates, even the perfect whipped cream will melt. A stabilizer helps it keep its structure so that your effort in making your dessert beautiful is not wasted.
- You don’t use the right amount of sweetener. Too much sugar can make your cream oversweet, which can ruin the overall taste of your dessert. Ideally, 1 teaspoon of confectioner’s sugar is enough for a quarter to half a cup of cream.
- You’re using the wrong utensil. A beating whisk or an electric mixer which a whisk tool is ideal for whipped cream. Using a fork will only take you longer and wear out your arm.
- You’re over whipping your cream. It can be tricky to know when to stop beating your cream. If you go too far, the cream will split, giving you a grainy, messy texture. You should stop whisking once you have reached soft peaks or firm peaks which retain their shape.
Making Perfect Whipped Cream with a Whipped Cream Dispenser
Whipping cream by hand can be time-consuming and messy. If you prefer an easier way to receive the same results as whisking, you can use a whipped cream dispenser. As a commonly used kitchen item, they are available in numerous stores and even online. You can search for websites that offer nang delivery to easily purchase whipped cream dispensers or cream chargers.
To make perfect whipped cream in a dispenser, you first need to fill the cannister half full with heavy cream. Add your desired sweetener and flavorings, and replace the dispenser head. Shake the bottle vigorously, and insert a cream charger into the charger holder.
The charger holder is then screwed onto the dispenser until you hear the nitrous oxide gas enter the dispenser. Shake and squeeze the handle to dispense freshly whipped cream onto your favorite desserts!
Getting Your Whipped Cream Dispenser Through Nang Delivery
Most whipped cream dispensers are made of stainless steel or aluminum, making them very durable and long-lasting. All you have to do is buy cream chargers or nangs to use with your dispenser. Normally, one to two nangs are enough for a single-use. Whipped cream dispensers are an easy, fast, and sure way of getting perfect whipped cream. You can buy cream chargers through our website. We offer 24/7 nang delivery in Melbourne, offering you products from one of the best manufacturers.